Friday, February 12, 2010

London Fashion Week Competition

I was delighted to be asked to take part in a competition by Helen at VoucherCodes.co.uk which involved playing dress up in some bargain buys or laying out your thrifty finds.
The prize? Front Row seats at London Fashion Week and a personal styling session among other things. Also up for grabs for 2nd and 3rd prize was some TopShop vouchers.
Naturally I agreed to take part (after some excited squealing.)

And so here is my best friend Xanthe May Harrison- who was kind enough to model for me- wearing: a TopShop dress bought in the sale, a vintage Wrangler denim jacket, my grandma’s jewellery and a belt from Primark.

(click to enlarge)
In today's economic crisis it can be extremely hard to find good quality clothes for cheaper prices. But there are more options than just Primark. Here are some of my tips to finding some fabulous bargain buys:

1. Check out your local charity shops for unexpected finds.
My friend once found a pair of RayBan Wayfarers in Oxfam for just a fiver!

2. Find out more on vintage shops in your area and you may just pick up a surprise like my thrifted Wranglers denim jacket which Xanthe is modelling.

3. Don't forget about the sales! From high street shops like TopShop and H&M to designer boutiques such as Net A Porter and Start there are always food discounts to be found.

4. Even though you might not expect it supermarkets such as ASDA and Tescos do have some great finds which means that you can still have a slice of the latest trend but at a fraction of the price. Plus I can guarantee people will have no idea that it is just from your local supermarket.

5. Just have fun. DIY your old clothes with some tye dye and glitter or cut up your old jeans and you will end up with a whole new garment.

And here are me (left) and Xanthe (right)
Finally if you too are interested in taking part in this fantastic competition then email me on
amore-fashion@hotmail.co.uk and I will send you the details.
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment