Monday, September 28, 2009

"Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress" -Coco Chanel

My current style inspiration is jewellery inspired dresses.

They are bright, bold and beautifully patterned which means that you will definitely stand out from the crowd in one of these creations...

It all started with McQueen sending his jewel-like designs down the runway last year in his SS09 collection:

But the great designer also has competition from Mary Katrantzou, one of my new favourite designers. She stole the show in February at London Fashion week when she showed her AW09 collection, which was inspired by perfume bottles and glass:





Her latest collection for SS10 previewed last week and continued using flowing silks and the theme of surreal jewellery but with a disco twist and a pinch of added sparkle:










And I also had photos of these little gems saved onto my computer but I have no idea who the designer is (why didn’t I save with the name? why, Beth why?)

So has anyone got any ideas who designed these? Let me know in a comment if you do, it has been buggind me for days that I have forgotten who created these stunning pieces:





B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment