Friday, May 21, 2010

Kate Moss Spring Summer 2010 collection


As usual I love some of the Kate Moss for Topshop designs (those gorgeous maxi dresses and that fab Kimono) and loathe some of the others (a multicoloured feathered cape springs to mind...)
But for once I think I have found a dress that I could actually wear (see below)

Obviously the whole appeal of the Kate Moss for Topshop collection is that the supermodel herself played some part in coming up with the collection- however the sceptical side of me says that this was not very much- and this is the aspect which shoppers are attracted to.
Many bloggers and magazines critical of the collaboration say that the poor and deluded Topshop customers shop the range because they think that this will make them look like Kate Moss.
But no one is stupid enough to think that one perchase of an embellished shift dress is enough to make them look like the famous multimillionaire supermodel, pouting in the adverts.
Instead they buy the clothes because they look good and they want to emmulate her unique and celebrated sense of style. Sure they want to buy into her brand as well, like any other well established designer or label. I mean I love that little 'Kate Moss' logo as much as the next girl, but people who are interested in fashion can think for themselves too. They are not going to buy just anything with Kate Moss' supposed seal of approval.

But I do have approval for this printed swing dress, from her new collection. So tempting...

No comments:

Post a Comment