Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To clog or not to clog? That is the question...

So clogs have apparently "made a come back." Not that I ever thought they were "in" in the first place, but still.
Ever since they were seen at the Spring Summer 2010 Chanel collection and then on the front cover of British Vogue in the Alexa Chung photo shoot (see above and last photo) they have been gradually seeping down from the high end to the high street and infiltrating normal peoples wardrobes. And I really don't know how to feel about this.
Pictured below are my mum's old pair of clogs-which fit me so I could theoretically wear them- but I really don't think I will be making a public appearance in them any time soon.
To start with what do you wear with them? (I am not going to kid myself that I can pull off the double-denim look like Alexa below)
Anyone got any ideas?
Has anyone seen clogs EVER pulled off well?
And more importantly has anyone seen them be pulled off on a mere mortal, not just on a supermodel?
What a tricky trend. Lets just send them back to the Chanel runway where they came from, hmm?

Beth Ruby xoxo
ps) Thanks to everyone who wished my blog a happy one year birthday! They really made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment