Thursday, June 3, 2010

J'adore Dior- Sex and the City 2. Harmless fun or offensive drivel?

The Guardian has called Sex and the City 2 the epitome of the “rise of the critic-proof moviemeaning that no matter what the reviews have said about how awful the film is, people will still flock to see it.
So where do my allegiances lie?

Well I love Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte (in that order- I love asking people who their favourite character out of the 4 main girls is. I think it does tell you something about what kind of person they are) and I love the TV series.
I saw the first film and thought it was very bland and disappointing however according to many reviews this new film is supposed to be even worse.
The glorious Hadley Freeman, my favourite columnist for the Guardian (Ask Hadley is simply brilliant. Check it out now) said that “
The Sex and the City films have destroyed the legacy of a funny and fantastic TV show.” Then there is the genius review from Linda West which said that Sex and the City 2 is pretty much "a home video of gay men playing with giant Barbie dolls."
The hilarious reviews have put me off but with the fun, the frocks and the friends, it’s just a bit of harmless fun.

I will have to see it before I can judge it properly but at the end of the day it just comes down to a couple of hours of escapism. And call me materialistic to watch it simply for the clothes- especially the J’adore Dior tee which SJP wore, pictured above- but I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Have you seen Sex and the City 2?
What did you think?
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment