Monday, August 17, 2009

Lets go down to the fashion show, with all the pretty people that you dont know...

What with all the magazines and blogs going crazy about the autumn winter collections I thought I would look at my top 10 favourite looks from Spring Summer 2009.
I mean still is summer y'know...
1. First up is Christopher Kane, who definitely stole the show for me this Spring Summer. The whimsical shapes and structures of his clothes and his wonderful use of materials are divine. He managed to effortlessly mix fierce black primate inspired clothing with bright bold colours.
2. For me Luella was never going to disappoint. From the moment I laid eyes on her first ever collection I knew that she was a designer to be reckoned with. The florals, the bright colours (and of course the fascinators!) screamed summer.
3. As opposed to Luella's feminine fest of girly dresses Balmain went for a more edgy tomboy look with distressed jeans, military style jackets and a whole loada studs. I still cannot get enough of the clothes from this collection.
4. Lanvin S/S 09 was all about bold colours, asymmetrical sleeves, luxurious silks and a bit of sparkle. And how could I forget those fantastic advertisements- so far its my favourite ad campaign of the year!
5. Alexander McQueen is in at number 5 for his fantastic jewelled creations. These head to toe embellished designs are gorgeous.
6. Breezy flowing fabrics, soft tailored jackets, scalloped edged shorts and lots of bows, the S/S Chloe catwalk was pure prettiness.

7. Marc Jacobs was a winner with clinched in waists, stacks of bracelets and very cool boater hats. 8. The House of Holland collection was like a bomb of polka dots and florals had exploded on the catwalk. Henry Holland did what he is best at; quirky and cool clothing.

9. I was in love with the nautical theme at Dolce and Gabbana earlier on this year.
10. And last but not least Gareth Pugh. You can't really wear his architectural monochrome creations to the super market (though I would take my hat off to someone who did) but their impracticality does not stop me from marvelling at these designs.
Whats your number one S/S 2009 collection?

B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment