Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The dramatic Dr Suess-esque collection that was Christian Dior Haute Couture Autumn Winter 2010/2011


Round of applause for Galliano everyone!
His new haute couture collection for Dior is incredible. Inspired by Christian Dior’s childhood garden he created a bouquet of fashion delights with gigantic corsages in Alice in Wonderland evoking scale, topped off with exotic colours, prints, dyes and textures.

The beauty aspects of the collection were even more breathtaking with neon bright stripes of colour which come the grey and bleak winter (sorry, I know I don’t want summer to end) will truly inspire as the eye makeup was injected with an array of bold colours. I predict the darker plum shaded lips will be a big hit and how could I forget the cellophane veils, reminiscent of the collages I would piece together in primary school, which make the models look even more like a bunch of flowers. Truly inspired.

Then there was the Dr Seuss-esque hair styling with gravity defying hair designs, echoing the stems of flowers.

It was just spectacular. Just looking at the collection on Style.com (the source for all the photos) gave me a marvellous colour induced headache.
Everything was so dramatic- but then what else would you expect from the man who created the ‘les incroyables’ collection?- that I can easily imagine a hyperactive Galliano raiding the Dior archive of prints and colours, similarly to a child in a colouring box who snatches every single Crayola crayon.


Check out the collages I have made of my favourite looks:

Dr Suess hair styling. I wish I could try this one out myself.

I am definitely going to try out my own verision of this bold blue look. I', a sucker for "cat flick" eyes anyway but this makeup look is fabulous.

Gorgeous use of colour. Loving the complete disregard for the "lips or eyes" rule.

Fairytale shoes

Queen of the flowers. These models look like they could have lept out of a fairy tale book with their fantastically flamboyant dresses and haughty expressions.



Does anyone know who this model is?!
I love that she is sitting backstage at the Christian Dior Haute Couture show reading Oscar Wilde "The Picture of Dorian Gray" proving that she is a girl of my own heart (I would do the exact same thing) and also that it's not true when people say that all models are stupid.
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment