Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MY TOP 3 RESORT COLLECTIONS 2010- Hurrah for clothes that normal people can wear!

I love designer's resort collections because you can actually wear them.
I know that fashion designers, journalists and magazines claim that the new designer "must haves" are "so wearable" all the time (usually when referring to something that my Dad would incessantly take the piss out of me wearing- always a bad sign with clothing) but the resort collections really are just that.

So I always eagerly await my Style.com resort fix to see the gorgeous clothes that mere mortals (aka not supermodels, socialites or any kind of supposed super human celebrity) can actually wear. Hurrah for clothes that normal people can wear down the high street and not the catwalk!


1. In at first place- Marc by Marc Jacobs. Inspired by dancers in rehearsals this collection was utter pared down perfection. If I had the money to buy the whole collection (or who am I kidding? Just one piece from the collection would make me so happy) I would. And I'd wear it non-stop all summer long. My favourite collection by miles.

2. Second place goes to YSL for the colours that just screamed "summer." I love the use of colour blocking for day and all black looks for night, all the while with high-waisted shorts to make the outfits even more chic and practical. One both for the tomboys and the girlie girls.

3. Last but not least- Erdem. You can always count on this label to deliver on the prints front and this collection was no exception. The cool digital prints infused with marine blues are gorgeous. And so wearable. Well, what did I tell you?
Beth Ruby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment