Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Challenge- The Trip to London


After last week’s trip to London I am even more in love with my country's capital city than ever.

The shopping trip was a late birthday/end of exams treat and me and my friends loved it. We shopped till we dropped.
Starbucks breakfast on the train there. Lunch at Westfields shopping centre. Tube to Oxford Street to check out Urban Outfitters and the 4 storey beast of a Topshop. Then a red double decker bus to dinner at Carluccio's Italian restaurant in St Pancras station before getting the train from Kings Cross (unfortunately there was no Platform 9 and ¾ though because it was under construction and being the Harry Potter nerd that I am I was devastated) back to Newcastle which seemed so drab and quiet when we got back at 1am in comparison to the vibrancy of London.


The must have Percy Pigs- vital for every train journey. Many thanks to Emma for supplying these bad boys!
The predictable cup of Starbucks for the train as well. Mine was a Caramel Macciato, in case you were wondering.
My beautiful best friends Xanthe (left) and Emma (right)
WESTFIELDS! The biggest shopping centre in Europe! With everything from Accessorize to Miu Miu, it was insane. We even got lost it was so big haha.
The really cute little ice cream parlour in Westfields. Me and Emma were very tempted to steal the pretend motor bike seats in our favourite colours.
Me looking very happy with all my shopping bags. It was a very productive shopping day with buys from: MAC, Pandora, Zara, Topshop and Urban Outfitters.
The beautiful St Pancras station. I can't wait to go back and people watch! There are so many interesting people in London, from all over the world, making it such an exciting place to be.
And for the record people in London have AMAZING fashion sense. I had so many style crushes by the end of the day.

So as you can see from our cheesey grins, we had an incredible trip.
I can't wait to go back later on in the summer holidays (fingers crossed!) and do my usual touristy photos down the Southbank and get my lovely cousins who live there to take me to my ever growing list of galleries and exhibitions.

Hope you are all having a lovely summer like me, dearies!

Lotsa blogging love,

Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment