Thursday, January 7, 2010

Current Style Obsession- The Burberry Trench Coat

Despite it being one of the most famous and well established British brands, renowned for its amazing, classic items of clothing I always have chavvy connotations with Burberry. The mere sight of its beige tartan pattern is enough for me to imagine a charv from my school wearing a cheap, knock off Burberry cap and thinking they look the bee’s knees.

Despite this I still can’t get enough of Burberry trench coats; the trademark of the multi-million pound company. They seem so romantic to me and as these photos show they have universal appeal. You can wear them young and old, male and female, belted and unbelted and in tons of styles and colours- they suit everybody and go with everything.

They also never go out of fashion and so in the cold, rainy and snowy (I have been off school today and yesterday because of the snow!) North of England where I live having a trench coat in my life would be so practical, not to mention glamorous.

I love these bright and bold trenches, especially the purple one in the first photo (but then I am purple crazy haha)
So jealous of these little children complete with their adorable buttoned up coats (oh and expect a post- well more of an image dump- of children’s fashion photos soon...)
If I had a Burberry trench I would look even more pleased with myself than the cute little gal on the right.

The classic and versatile beige ones which go with everything and for me are the important addition to a working wardrobe. If I ever become a city lawyer I know what will be my first purchase.
Photos to show they work equally well on men and women and in a variety of colours and textures. I love the patent look of the lady's above, like a fresh pair of black leather school Mary Jane shoes.
Simply chic. And how could I forget the classic Sartorialist bicycle shot of a lady about town on her beautiful bike riding about town.
The gorgeous Emma Watson (I have a major girl crush on her as regular readers of my blog will know) as the face of Burberry. Autumn Winter collection on the left and the new shots which were released earlier this week of her in the Spring Summer collection.
Of course the Burberry trench is the dream but TopShop does do a decent high street verision with the added USP of shoulder pads.

Photos either from Burberry- Art Of The Trench or the wonderful Sartorialist on his collaboration with Burberry (check out the first link)

Do you own a trench coat? If so where is it from?

Beth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment