Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I don't believe in avant-garde clothes for a future that will never happen. Fashion is always now"- Karl Lagerfeld on the new Chanel Couture

Of course it goes without saying that the clothes were absolutely amazing but at the Chanel Paris Haute Couture Show 2010 entitled the "Neon Baroque Collection" but what really stood out for me was the beauty side and in particular the wonderful heart shaped hair.
I am in love with the over the top, sickly sweet styling which is part Barbie princess and part cartoonish Flintstones wigs.
Photo Sources
Here:


Finally I wanted to share the details I read here on how much work is put into these Haute Couture Collections:
-500 people worked on the project.
-Certain dresses are adorned with 80 buttons and there were 13,000 satin flowers used in the collection.
-One cape took 800 hours of work and bearing in mind that 65 looks were sent down the runway it is a massive understatement to say that there is alot of time put into these clothes.


By golly I love Couture week.
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment