Tuesday, May 5, 2009

“A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future"- Coco Chanel

I just love perfume ads.
As my media studies teacher would say “The brands use the soft sell technique to appeal to their target audience and even though they are primarily promoting the product they are also promoting a lifestyle that the viewer aspires to have.”
In my case that is so true.
I mean who doesn’t want to be whisked up into the air by helium balloons in Paris, like in the Miss Dior Cherie ad?
Who doesn’t want to stroll around in that divine red dress like Keira Knightley in the Coco Mademoiselle Ad?
Who doesn’t want to hack off their hair and clothes off a la Agy Deyn in the Jean Paul Gaultier Madame commercial?
And more importantly who doesn’t want to hair flip to the sound of CSS with Clemence Poesy in the Chloe advert?
Don’t even get me started on making out with Rodrigo Santoro like Nicole Kidman did in the masterpiece of an advert for Chanel No. 5.

Take a look at my top 5 perfume commercials on YouTube:

1. Miss Dior Cherie

2. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

3. Jean Paul Gaultier


4. Chloe Fragrance


5. Chanel No. 5




B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment