Saturday, May 2, 2009

Latest Style Obsession- Fabulous Feathers!


At the moment I am obsessing over all things feathery. So glamorous, so sophisticated and perfect for spring/summer.
So take a look at my favourite finds; I could "oooh" and "aaah" at them all day...
Fist up I give you the ostrich feather mini skirt that has been featured in Grazia Magazine and also by Gok Wan on his 'Fashion Fix' programme (Make note- Its on Thursdays on Channel 4 at 8pm- not to be missed!)
This TopShop beauty is just gorgeous and the ultimate spring party skirt for £60.

Another lover of feathers is Katasha Khan from the band Bat For Lashes:


I am tempted to make my own DIY feather head band a bit like Natashas here with some feathers I have found in VV Rouleaux.
Yes I will probably get the piss taken out of me if I wear it, and get called Pocahontas but I dont care.

Feathers from VV Rouleaux

Disney's Pocahontas

Headband inspiration from TopShop

I could not leave out a photograph of this this outstanding wedding dress I came across on the internet. It is a dress made of 2009 peacock feathers and is also embellished with 60 Hetian Jade stones. It took 8 people 2 months to finish and not suprisingly costs $1.4 million dollars.
But on your wedding day you want all eyes to be on you so this show stopper would still be worth every penny.

Edit- Check out the Burberry prorsum feather dress photos that I have finally managed to get ahold of:


No comments:

Post a Comment